Chaturthi Special Kapi Kaju Katli: A Recipe for Festive Bliss
Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations are in full swing, and we are indulging in delicious festive sweets like never before. Since diet and calorie counting are officially in vacation mode, make sure to satisfy all your festive cravings!
Don't miss out on delicious coffee and traditional flavours combined in this mouthwatering Kapi Kaju Katli recipe. Add creamy, aromatic notes of our Cremoso coffee to this traditional recipe to give it a modern twist and capture the essence of the Ganesh festivities with a contemporary flair.
Here's how to create this delightful treat:
You will need:
- 240g cashew powder
- 220g sugar
- 40 ml water
- 2 shots of Cremoso (espresso)
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Combine sugar, water and espresso in a pan.
- Heat until it reaches 108°C or achieves a one-string consistency.
- Add cashew powder gradually while stirring to prevent lumps.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is well-blended.
- Once the mixture is uniform, add a tablespoon of ghee and mix thoroughly
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture starts pulling away from the sides of the pan, signaling that it's reached the desired consistency.
- Transfer the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper. Gently fold the paper over the mixture to create a manageable shape while it cools.
- After the mixture has cooled a bit, knead it into a smooth ball for a nice texture.
- Place it between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out.
- Adorn the top of the rolled-out mixture with edible silver.
- Carefully cut it into diamond shapes and serve.
As you welcome Lord Ganesha into your homes, don't forget to savour the sweetness of tradition through these delectable Kapi Kaju Katlis. Wishing you a joyous and blessed celebration!
Ganpati Bappa Morya!